Rice Cooker Chicken Rice Recipe
- SERVES: 3
- PREP: 15 mins
Use half the amount of water you normally need to cook rice, as the juices from the chicken will drip down to the rice beneath as it cooks in the rice cooker.
If you would like to make your own chilli sauce and ginger sauce, check out the recipes here.
- 600 grams chicken thighs (or half chicken) if frozen, thaw before use; chopped to smaller pieces
- 1 cup long-grain white rice rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chicken stock half the amount you normally use to cook rice; adjust accordingly
- 1-2 pandan leaves optional; tied in a knot
- 5 cloves garlic peeled if you are eating it
- 3 slices ginger
- salt to taste, if needed
- coriander and spring onions garnishing suggestion
- sliced cucumbers and tomatoes optional
- chilli sauce home-made (check out the link above) or store-bought
- ginger sauce home-made (check out the link above) or store-bought
- Add rice, chicken stock, pandan, garlic and ginger in the rice cooker. Top with chicken pieces. Cook the rice in the rice cooker. When the rice is cooked, season to taste with salt, if needed. Note: If your rice cooker cook within 30 minutes, let it keep warm for at least another 30-45 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- To serve, scoop a bowl of chicken rice on plate. Place cooked chicken over the rice. Garnish with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, coriander and spring onions. Serve with ginger sauce and chilli sauce at the side.